Friday, November 25, 2011

Nonnie, I miss you!!!

My long distance quilting sister has been vacationing in the Caribbean this week and I missed her twice daily....if not more....emails so much I started this blog. Nonnie and I have made 2 Blackbird Design quilts "together", Cold Wind Blows and Country Inn. Both of us love civil war repro fabrics and needleturn applique. We get together once a year and attend the NQA quilt show in Columbus or the International Quilt Festival now being held in Cincinnatti and select our fabrics. Nonnie lives in Pataskala, Ohio outside Columbus. We have our next project picked out by Bunny Hill Designs called Catch a Christmas Star and are waiting for our patterns to come. We plan to get started after the new year using our stash....can get additional fabric needed in April at the quilt show.

Here is Country Inn that I did in batiks. A little different for me but loved how it turned out. I used my home machine to quilt the appliques and borders and the rented the longarm to quilt the blue background.

 A couple close up pics to see the quilting. I am no master by a longshot but love trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment