Friday, December 23, 2011

Dear Jane Quilt

Today I thought I would share my Dear Jane quilt....another WIP. Once a month I meet with 6 other quilters who are also working on DJ blocks. Some are doing 6 and 7 inch blocks but mine were the original 4 1/2 inch. Because I like to move onto another quilt I stopped making blocks at number 60. Some are paper pieced, some needleturned applique and others just pieced. Now I am needing to get the paper off the backs of some of the blocks and get it layered for
quilting. I will begin by quilting in the ditch to stabilize the quilt for free motion quilting. I will use muslin for backing and warm and natural cotton batting. At a quilt show recently one of the vendors had many "civil war" type quilts on display with tiny stippling done throughout. It was awesome and made the quilt look antique. That is my plan for this quilt.

 This quilt finishes at 57" by 68".
Here is a favorite block, a basket. Love those baskets.



 This is a needleturn applique block.



Paper-pieced block.

No comments:

Post a Comment