Monday, May 21, 2012

Braids on Parade

A quilt designed by Carolyn Griffin and Far Flung Quilts. I added some sashingwhich was not in the pattern. This was a fun and easy pattern using the double-strip 60 degree ruler. The template provided in the pattern can be used if you don't want to spend the extra bucks to purchase the ruler. As you well know the rulers keep going up in price...must be the plastic, an oil product, I suspect. This lap size was made with Butterscotch Bali-pop with 1 inch sashing and 4 inch outer border.

 Here is a close up of the free motion quilting. I did big leaves on the strips, nothing in the sashing and big flowers in the outer border. In the ditch quilting on the sashing between the strips. I like my quilts to lie flat and that includes the seams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment