Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A New Addiction

Just because I haven't blogged in quite awhile doesn't necessarily mean I haven't been in the sewing room. The upside of working in a quilt shop is that I see and read many of the newest books. One of the newer books, Pieced Hexagons by Mickey Depre, had been calling my name for about 3 weeks and last Saturday I gave in and purchased it. Oh my goodness, these hexies are so much fun. I like hexagons anyway and English paper piecing and these are the icing on the cake. These are my newest addiction and I am happy.


The designer uses 1 1/2 inch hexagons and shows many patterns and alternative ways to place fabrics. So far I am using 30's fabrics because I love them and have lots of choices.
I have already "incorrectly" sewn my fabrics but it really doesn't matter unless you absolutely have to have your posie a certain way and that would never be me.


No comments:

Post a Comment