Sunday, December 25, 2016

Scrap Buster

When a couple of my friends decided to teach a class on a 9 patch scrappy quilt I got busy sewing from my stash of 2 1/2 inch squares and strips. Whenever I have left over fabric from a project I try to cut it into 2 1/2 inch strips or 5 inch squares and keep them stored in plastic boxes. I also have 2 inch strips and 1 1/2 inch strips.

For this quilt I chose to use a white or very light square for the centers and a white for the sashing to pull it together with all the different fabrics. I loved the offset sashing.

Just a few rows together. This quilt ended up measuring 83 x 94.

Edge to edge quilting. I like to quilt down as many corners and seams as possible.

A closer look at the quilting. I love blue so chose a solid to balance out the scrappy blocks.

I love how this turned out. This may become my go to pattern for using up scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment