Sunday, July 22, 2012

Amber Fenton Designs

What would I do if the quilt shop did not get in new patterns? Well that is not a problem. A new designer, at least to me, is Amber Fenton Designs and she has adorable little wallhanging blocks only 12" by 12" to use individually or put in a quilt. She sells them on her website as a BOM so you can get the fabrics from her as well. I just opened my batik scrap drawer and made September, October, and November. I used fusible web after sewing the 2 borders onto the background. Invisible thread stitched the edges of the applique once the top was layered so it also served as the quilting. Then I machine stitched the binding.

The is November. The pumpkin has a crazy block in the center. The first I have ever done.



The sunflower is September. I like how the designer does the ribbon. Really adds a nice feel to the block.


And then there is Halloween...October.

I couldn't tell on the pattern how the designer did the cat's mouth and whiskers but I did a close zigzag stitch for the mouth and then free motion for the whiskers.


Instead of hanging these on a wall I added an "envelope" type thing on the back to place these over an inexpensive plastic picture frame to stand them on a table. The envelope is a piece of fabric the width of the quilt folded in half. I like mine to be long enough over the plastic to stabilize the quilt when on the frame. the envelope is stitched with the binding.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail. I love what you've done with my patterns and I very much appreciate your comments. I hope your customers like working with my patterns. Take care and happy quilting!

    Cyndi
    Amber Fenton Designs

    ReplyDelete