Monday, April 29, 2013

Easy Bag Tutorial

One of my water aerobic buddies at the Y Center showed me how to make this easy bag using just 2 squares of fabric while getting dressed in the locker room. I went home and had to see if I could make this. My first try I used my favorite bag batting, Soft and Stable, and went to sew the very last seams and couldn't fit the bag under the presser foot. Darn, darn, darn. Stubborn me went back to the cutting table and started making another bag this time using pellon fusible fleece....can't remember the number (897 or 987, whatever). I did a quick turn instead of binding and found some huge giant ricrac to use for the handle and put this together in half the time.

It is hanging a bit lopsided..sorry. It has 2 smaller pockets and one large pocket. The tutorial for making this bag is on my blog..my tutorial...hope it isn't too confusing. Let me know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment