Monday, January 30, 2012

Another Bunny Hill Design Quilt

My best quilting friend, Nonnie, and I are working together on this winter Bunny Hill Design called, Catch a Christmas Star. My blocks have been hand appliqued and are now ready to for the embroidery stitches which I am not crazy about doing.....neither is Nonnie. Oh well. I bought the embroidery thread so I am going to do it. The directions say to do the embroidery after quilting but I prefer to do the embroidery now so I don't have to handle so much fabric. I am quilting it myself and will be very careful not to sew over any embroidery. I will put the buttons on after quilting. My snowmen are looking awfully sad without eyes, noses, and mouths...need to get going on these guys....probably tonight. Orange wool will be blanket stitched on for the noses.

I have chosen much brighter fabrics than the designer. This is what I have done so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment