Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Miniature Tumbler Quilt

English paper pieces has become very popular at the quilt shop lately. I am certainly a huge participant. I have a couple of pics of my miniature tumbler quilt that was pieced by hand and quilted by machine. The tumbler pieces are 1 inch high and the finished quilt measures 10 by 12 1/2 inches. A true miniature quilt is one that looks like a bedsize quilt in a picture. The quilting, blocks, and binding must true to scale. I still need to do binding but it will measure 1/8th inch when done. After I had sewn the tumblers altogether I appliqued them onto an 11 by 13 inch piece of fabric which became my border. I did free motion on tumblers and echo quilting in the border.

Here is also a book I am using for some English paper piecing doll quilt patterns.


No comments:

Post a Comment