Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mystery Quilt

I don't usually do these kind of things but this mystery quilt really caught my eye. It is being done as a fund raiser for a boy who has had a brain tumor removed and now is going though extensive rehab to regain mobility, etc.

***The clues are sent by email every Friday starting next week for 6 weeks. I like that it doesn't drag on for months.
***It doesn't take a ton of fabric so there isn't a huge investment into something you may not like.
***The cost is $15. Would be great to have all of you join us. They are trying for 250 quilters and I think they are up to about 120 so far.

https://www.facebook.com/MysteryQuilt

To sign up click on the My Shop icon which goes to Heather Spence's Etsy Shop. Find the pink flower that says Fall Mystery Quilt 2012 with $15 price. I used paypal....so very convenient. I try to keep about $50 in my account for my misc. small purchases online.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HeatherSpenceDesigns?ref=search_shop_redirect

Heather will email you....this is very well organized.

For experienced quilters (that is not a beginner) you need
  • 1 1./2 yard Dark
  • 2/3 yard Medium
  • 2 1/8 yard Light
Backing -- 4 yards
Binding -- 1/2 yard

I will get backing and binding after quilt is done to know what I want. Heather, the designer and organizer is using red, pink and white.
Amount of fabric needed for beginners is a little different and I didn't write that down but you will get that from Heather in an email.

These are my fabrics:

 
We have been told that the quilt will have a modern feel and I have been admiring all the quilts done with lots of white so this will be my first using solid colors. The white is a Moda muslin and the turquoise and green are mottled. I would have done solids but the shop didn't have the colors I wanted. I am very anxious to start cutting into these luscious colors.
Let me know if you decide to join the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment